Affordable TMJ & Bruxism Treatment. Ever wake up in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning and notice that you have been holding your teeth tight together, tight enough to make your jaws sore or hurt?
Bruxism is a condition in which you clench and bite your teeth. Subconscious clenching or teeth grinding exerts additional pressure on the teeth and TMJ. This additional pressure can lead to enamel wear and breakdown with time.
You may suffer from bruxism if:
- You wake up with a sore jaw
- You wake up with a headache
- Your sleeping partner reports they hear you grinding your teeth or biting in your sleep
- You notice that some of your teeth look very flat on the edges
- You notice that some of your teeth are loose if you apply pressure
- You notice small cracks or chipped pieces on your teeth.
What is the main cause of TMJ?
It is important to seek timely treatment, to prevent severe damage to the teeth and temporomandibular joint muscle (TMJ). We recommend fabricating custom bite splints to avoid further damage. Over-the-counter splints or night guards are also available but they are not the best to treat this condition as every individual is different and so is the intensity. Hence, it is in the best interest of the individual to consult a dental professional to look for patient-centered treatment.
Signs and symptoms of TMJ disorders:
- Pain/tenderness of your jaw.
- Pain in one or both of the temporomandibular joints.
- Aching pain in and around your ear.
- Difficulty chewing/pain while chewing.
- Aching facial pain.
- Locking of the joint, making it difficult to open or close your mouth.
TMJ exercises may relieve pain.
- strengthen jaw muscles
- stretch the jaw
- relax the jaw
- increase jaw mobility
- reduce jaw clicking
- promote jaw healing
You can contact us for a thorough consultation with our qualified dentist, Dr. Angra.